Thursday, March 12, 2015

Inspiration is all Around is. Thanks to our #EverydayHeroes

For every smile you bring to the world, the world will give you 2 back.


Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.
Dalai Lama

I am a firm believer in this philosophy. It is my quest to spread as much joy and happiness I can in this world. I go out of my way, often at my own peril.

I do give in despite it being against my belief or choice. But this is not for me to gloat over myself.

I most CERTAINLY am NOT the Only One and neither am I doing it more than others for there are people who are far more worthy to getting that title.

One only needs to look around us to experience a sense of gratitude. For there are people all around us who are doing their bit to bring smiles to people lives and to help make this a better place to live in.

#EverydayHeroes I call them. Unsung heroes is what you may be thinking about. Who silently contribute to your joy and you don't even realize it.

For in their actions and deeds they give hope and optimism of a better world that we will live in.

Who are these heroes? Here are a couple to illustrate my point:

Radio Jockeys - no matter what their mood / state of mind - they have to engage with their audience, spread smiles, joy and excitement and keep the audience hooked to their stations.

Twitter RoCur account managers - have you ever spared a thought for them? They typically get 1 week to engage with people they don't know, who are culturally completely diverse, across a vast age group and geography with different interests. All this means that they have very little to connect upon and the worst part is that they don't know what engagements have happened in the past!

Which means that they have to think on their feet, be different, interesting and engage with people they probably won't hear from ever again.

And there are people who volunteer to do this week in and week out.

If this is not inspiring then what is? Do remember that curators may get abused, fought with and insulted for hurting peoples sentiments even though they would have no such intention.

It is a thank less job and one that tells you that you have to be made of stern stuff if you want to be able to excel at it.

In the same vein there are a few companies who want to stand out in the crowd and make a difference. Who want to enrich your life in small ways so that you go to bed feeling happy at what you achieved that day.

One such company is Housing.com, Have a look at a website https://housing.com/lookup that you would never believe is from a company that is helping you choose a home.

It certainly gives you Hope. That there is a human on the other side too.




No comments: