Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Missed the Bus.. but still walking

There are times in your life when you standing on the edge and you ask your self -

1- Should I jump across this ledge
2 - Climb down,
3 - Keep walking beside it
4 - Just go back and find another route

No matter which way you decide to go, whether you are right or wrong is not determined by your choice but by your efforts to make it the right choice.

At times, on the route you chose, you wonder if you made the wrong decision, that you forcing the outcome, just to prove that you were right.
Like if you decide to jump across the ledge and when your hanging in the air for those precious few seconds, all kinds of thoughts go through your mind. Did I jump right? Do I have enough velocity? Will I make it?


In the end I ask you, Does it matter? Maybe you dint make a clean jump, perhaps you bruised a knee in the process? Would you consider that a failure? Or can you say, I know where I went wrong, I learnt I needed to to compensate for the wind force and the bruised knee only leaves a nice scar for me to share tales of my adventures in future years?

After all, isn't success how you define it? Could success be that you gathered the courage to jump and not take the safe route back?

To me, as to many what really matters is how to play with the cards dealt to you.

You may have missed a bus but are you still walking to wards the destination where you can perhaps catch another bus?

Think about it...



No comments: